Losing a loved one is difficult enough, and whatever you can do to make it easier on those you love will be of great help and comfort to them. This is why everyone should consider planning his/her own final arrangements.
- The costs associated with a funeral vary greatly depending upon the choices made. By making your arrangements ahead of time, you can spare your loved ones much of the stress and hardship of having to figure out the details.
- Your wishes will be on record. It’s easier on everyone to make these arrangements when they’re calm and collected. By properly and completely planning your final wishes, your family won’t have to ask themselves whether they did the right thing, or wondering if this is what you would have wanted.
- By funding your arrangements today, you can be certain your family will not be burdened with those costs when the time comes.
- Funeral costs definitely increase over the years. By planning ahead you can protect your family against those increases. You can lock in today’s prices and be assured that your family will not have to pay any increases in the future for the cost of your funeral.
- Preplanning your funeral is an essential part of responsible estate planning. It will save you and your family time, money and unnecessary grief at the time of need.
- Unfortunately, many veterans are under the impression that the cost of a funeral or cremation is covered by veterans’ benefits, which it isn’t. But we’re happy to assist you with understanding this facet of the process.
- Too many people harbor the notion that Social Security will pay for a funeral or cremation. This is not the case. Currently, Social Security pays a one-time death benefit to a surviving spouse of $255. If there is no surviving spouse or minor children, the $255 is not paid.
Our caring and dedicated staff is here to help. Although these are difficult conversations to have, they are important ones. By making your arrangements ahead of time, your family won’t have to worry about respecting your wishes, for they will already know them.